#1 MAKE SURE YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS
Requirements of the Roundhouse Volunteer Program
- Be at least 14 years of age.
- Be able to attend the orientation session and interview
- Provide us with 2 references
- Be fluent in English.
- Be able to commit 6 months of volunteer service.
#2 FILL OUT AN APPLICATION
The application process:
- We encourage you to check out our current volunteer opportunities to see if they fit your interests.
- Complete an online application. Please ensure you completely fill out the application, as this will help us get to know you.
- When you’ve completed and saved your online profile, you’ll receive a confirmation email with our Written References form attached. You will need to bring these with you your interview.
- Please note: we keep applicants in our database for a maximum of 12 months.
#3 ATTEND A VOLUNTEER INFORMATION SESSION
Our recruitment months are May and September. Once you have filled in our online application you will be sent information about our next Volunteer Information Session. You are required to attend this session in order to be able to sign up for a Volunteer Interview. At the session you will have the chance to learn about our program and ask questions. After attending one of our Volunteer Information sessions you will be able to sign up for an interview with us.
#4 ATTEND A ONE-ON-ONE INTERVIEW
Our volunteer coordinator will set up an interview time for you once you have attended a volunteer information session. You will be interviewed by one of our Volunteer Interviewers. Please bring your completed Reference Forms to your interview.
#5 START VOLUNTEERING!
Once you have successfully completed all steps you will now be able to start volunteering!
LENGTH OF PROCESS
It can take up to three weeks from the information session through the interviewing process. As we only host Volunteer information sessions two times a year, you may have to wait until the next session before we can meet with you.